I’m inspired by Amanda at Let’s Take the Metro‘s weekly gratitude post. So, I’m going to cultivate a little more gratitude in my life by joining her on a quest to be thankful until we absolutely exude gratitude. I hope you’ll also join Amanda in sharing just five things you are thankful for this week. Thank you to Amanda for helping bring back genuine gratitude.
This week I am grateful for:
- Bloggers who hold the space for anonymous posts. Sometimes there are things that need to get out, but are too painful to share with those who know you.
- Radical Acceptance. It’s a difficult path to healing, but it’s the only way for me to become whole again.
- Anger. I’m trying to find my gratitude for this emotion instead of running away from it. It has its purpose.
- Betrayal. Weathering the friendships that fall away. I have never been able to guess who will turn away, who will turn toward, and who will pass judgment and blame. It’s painful, but easier to know who I would not want to keep in my life and those I do.
- My husband’s family. Observing the deep love and bond they have during a time of loss reminded me of the beautiful people they are. It doesn’t matter to me whether the sentiment is returned or accepted. I extend love to them anyway.
I felt as though I just stood under a clear waterfall. Thank you, Amanda, for reminding me to give my gratitude a voice (oops! Does that make 6? 😉