I’m inspired by Amanda at Let’s Take the Metro‘s weekly gratitude post. So, I’m going to cultivate a little more gratitude in my life by joining her on a quest to be thankful until we absolutely exude gratitude. I hope you’ll also join Amanda in sharing just five things you are thankful for this week. Thank you for helping bring back genuine gratitude.
This week I am grateful for:
- Birthday and Birthing Day celebrations. Buddha baby turned one today. It has been a wonderful journey of memories and hope for the future. Being with my family, birthing at home, and knowing we will always be together like this has brought me such joy and healing to my soul.
- Current pain and the memory of past pain I’ve lived through. It is all a stop on my path. The pain I have already been through and come out of the other side of helps me understand that I will survive anything if I am compassionate and patient.
- Ardha Chandrasana. The humility and faith that it takes do this pose are thrilling. It reminds me that accepting resistance and surrendering into it will give me wings to fly.
- Friends who are patient with me while I’m inconsistent about replying to requests. I know you understand even without knowing why.
- The depth of compasssion that my children are capable of. I am constantly in awe of their ability to empathize with other beings, especially when an adult isn’t “adjusting” them into it.
Leaving this in from the last time, because it’s still true! I felt as though I just stood under a clear waterfall. Thank you, Amanda, for reminding me to give my gratitude a voice (oops! Does that make 6? 😉