I’m inspired by Amanda at Let’s Take the Metro‘s weekly gratitude post. So, I’m going to cultivate a little more gratitude in my life by joining her on a quest to be thankful until we absolutely exude gratitude. I hope you’ll also join Amanda in sharing just five things you are thankful for this week. Thank you to Amanda for helping bring back genuine gratitude.
This week I am grateful for:
- Sweet sweat. When my teacher has us holding plank forever and my body is shaking. When I don’t think I can go “5 more breaths.” There’s a bead of sweat dripping to the end of my nose that reminds me to stay focused and stop the negative self-talk. It reminds me that my body is as capable as I believe.
- Books. The only thing I cheat on my family with is with books. I escape into new knowledge or new worlds and leave my family in my mind just as much as if I ran away. And I get to come back without any pesky legal ramifications.
- A partner who banishes the big spiders and patches tires. Honoring my wishes, my partner removes the big, hairy predators outside instead of killing them-after the kids get a close-up arachnid lesson, of course. Thanks to the renovations up the street, I’ve managed to run over two roofing nails and an enormous screw within a half mile of our house in the past two months. My husband has been able to pull and patch them all.
- Readers who have emailed me personally about infant loss. Thank you for sharing your stories with me. Thank you for connecting with me on your own healing path. There are so many who have been affected by the loss of a child. It’s only silence that can keep us isolated.
- Kelly of Becoming Crunchy and Patti of Jazzy Mama. Kelly and Patti graciously agreed to share the load in our two carnivals. Each of them have spent their very valuable time working hard to make the carnivals successful. I’m proud to call them both my Bloggy friends.
I feel as though I just stood under a clear waterfall. Thank you, Amanda, for reminding me to give my gratitude a voice (oops! Does that make 6? 😉