I’m inspired by Amanda at Let’s Take the Metro‘s weekly gratitude post. So, I’m going to cultivate a little more gratitude in my life by joining her on a quest to be thankful until we absolutely exude gratitude. I hope you’ll also join Amanda in sharing just five things you are thankful for this week. Thank you to Amanda for helping bring back genuine gratitude.
This week I am grateful for:
- Costumes. I love that my boys enjoy dressing up and enacting elaborate imaginative activities. I get a kick out of them going out in public in them, too. I hope this lasts a long, long time for them. I smiled the entire time today on our nature hike as I watched my little gladiator and Jedi knight drop their bikes and tear off into a big pile of leaves.
- Serenity. The movie. The feeling. The word. I often use words as single-point focus meditation and this has been my word all week. I’ve been thinking about all the meanings. It has inspired a lot of journal writing, as well. And kept me from bursting into tears from the stress of being late once this week.
- Autumn Photos. I love looking at all the beautiful photos everyone is sharing of their families. Especially since moving to Northern California, I’ve felt like I’ve missed out on my favorite season as I remember it from New England. The pumpkins and layered clothes put me in a cozy, warm mood.
- Rumi. Every time I come across one of his poems or quotes, it vibrates something inside me. He has a way of peeling back all my layers and seeing into my heart with total love and acceptance. One day, I want to swim in his words and luxuriate in lots of time with his poems.
- My partner. I know I have been grateful for him before on my weekly list. But, he has been supportive of my writing projects this month by giving me quiet time to write, read, and think. If he wasn’t fully behind me, I would never be able to try these experiments this month and keep up with homeschooling. I wouldn’t be sleeping if he wasn’t keeping an eye on the time at night, either. It’s too easy to stay up late on my phone or laptop.
I feel as though I just stood under a clear waterfall. Thank you, Amanda, for reminding me to give my gratitude a voice (oops! Does that make 6? 😉
- Namaste: 22 October 2011 (touchstonez.com)
- Namaste: 8 October 2011 (touchstonez.com)
- A Month of Kindness (touchstonez.com)
- Making Compassion My Hoe (touchstonez.com)
- Book Review: Namaste! (touchstonez.com)
- To My Dear One (touchstonez.com)
- Metta Tags (touchstonez.com)